Friday, February 4, 2011

being pregnant


today my close friend confided that she was pregnant. 
it started out as a joke but i didn't realise how serious she was and it got us all started talking more in depth. 

i guess the feeling is not the same between wanting a baby and suddenly being force given one.

she thinks she is too young, she thinks its all a race against time, a tinge of regret, she doesnt feel ready to marry for the sake of a child and stop living at the prime of life for another being..
she is beautiful, independent, streetwise, full of life and promise.

my heart feels for her deeply.
its not fair to have ur bright future suddenly robbed away from you, to have so many plans and dreams but only left crushed and buried.

 but i admire her strength in enduring the first few weeks of shock, tears and morning sickness, 
her utmost courage in taking responsibility over her actions and keeping the baby despite the cons.
We all know the road ahead is going to be rough, with quarrels, tears and stress. i pray for her journey to be easier to bear..

in my selfish ways i could never have done the same in her shoes. i would rather sacrifice one life than jeopardize 2 lives in the action. considering my situation and family background which will most prob disown me, community criticizing and shunning. what could i give to my child? what could i offer from me? i would never destroy my child's future and mine. Nobody deserves 2nd best treatment in life. (don't judge me for thinking this manner)


Life is tragic, couples who are dying for children cant conceive and those who don't want babies have them unexpectedly..

No comments:

Post a Comment