Sunday, August 9, 2009

a funny poem- i went to the doctor!

this is a poem i created(its original kay) for our assignment project PGT202e

created to match the theme of- health

target audience-form 1 advance

tot it might give u some amusement.

so enjoy!


Child:


I went to the doctor,
And told him my name is Hector,
I’m having a really bad fever,
My body is covered in bumps,
I feel like a camel with humps!
Please help me get out of the dumps!


Doctor:

You’ve got a bad cough and a running nose,
Have u been outside playing with the garden hose?
My oh my see how the mucus flows!
Here is a tissue, give it a blow!


What’s more, a cold, and the flu,
That’s what keeping you looking blue,
but don’t be upset;
I know just what to do.


Child:


Oh doctor, quickly hurry!
I’m beginning to worry,
If I will ever remember the smell of curry
Or the scent of my cute dog named Furry.


Doctor:


I’m going to give u a little jab,
So I want u to shut your gab,
Don’t scream till the other patients run,
Then it would spoil all the fun!
So sit real still and don’t be edgy,
Or else u would be really sorry,
Later on you would feel all bright and easy!
This I promise with my pinkie.


Child:


I sat real still and saw him grabbed a syringe,
My heart shrunk and I cringed,
Oh no! It was so sharp and long,
Then the doctor began to sing a song.

He made me bend over
The seat of my chair,
Then plunged that big needle
In my you-know-where.
I tried not to stare,
I tried not to care.

It’s been 2 days since I had my jab,
And hey I’m feeling very glad!
He cured me of every last sniffle and bump,
Got rid of my pain and and now I’m all better except for my rump.

I’m no longer feeling down and sad,
Instead I’m energetic, rowdy and screaming like mad!
Best feeling I ever had,
Happy as a whistle being a cherry little lad.

THE END! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment